With a growing senior population and an appealing quality of life, adult family homes Vancouver WA are becoming very popular.
Adult Family Homes are private residences that are licensed to provide housing, meals and personal care services to adults who are unable to live on their own. An adult family home will be home to a small number of individuals in a family setting.
To reside in an adult family home Vancouver WA, a person must meet the AFH “residency criteria,” which is defined by RCW (Revised Code of Washington) and WAC (Washington Administrative Code) regulations and by the provider’s admission policy. As in most AFH’s we provide general supervision, assistance with personal care services, and assistance with medications to adults who require such services.
What Are The Personal Care Services Provided in an Adult Family Home?
- Daily assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing, toileting and walking.
- Assistance with medication.
- Continence care and management.
- Escorts and assistance with walking and transfer.
- Dining assistance and special diets.
- Behavior management.
- Assistance with reminders and re-directions.
- Access to health & medical services.
- Housekeeping and personal laundry services.
- Social and recreational activities.
- Health promotion and exercise programs.